Stratford-Fox Run Equestrian Centre
HORSEBACK RIDING CAMPS
Discover the Power of Horses at SFR Equestrian Day Camps!
Does your child have an interest in horses and the outdoors?
For over twenty years, our camps have provided an environment for youth to experience horses and all the benefits that connecting with animals brings. Caring for and learning about the animals develops their compassion, understanding and respect for other living creatures and each other. Working with the horses, camp leaders and other campers, allows children to develop their communication and teamwork skills. Learning new skills on and off the horse builds confidence and boosts self-esteem. Understanding the role that people play in the well-being of animals teaches children the importance of responsibility and commitment.
The true testament to the success of our programs is the many students who have continued their journey in the sport of equestrian either through weekly lessons, competition participation, or as professionals in the industry.
The lifelong friendships developed here are countless and these students continue to stay in touch decades later.
The day camps curriculum consists of the following components:
- Riding Lessons: 1 daily riding lesson tailored to the camper’s skill level, focusing on basic horsemanship, proper riding techniques, and safety.
- Equestrian Games and Activities: Fun and educational games on horseback or on the ground, designed to improve riding skills, horse handling, and teamwork.
- Horsemanship Education: Workshops and hands-on activities covering horse care, grooming, tacking, feeding, and general horse management.
- Stable Management: Lessons on stable management, including cleaning stalls, organizing tack, and maintaining a clean and safe barn environment.
- Arts and Crafts: Equestrian-themed arts and crafts activities, such as painting horseshoes, creating horse-themed jewelry, or designing custom stall signs.
Parents and friends are invited to join us at the end of the week for a final event that will allow campers to showcase their newly acquired skills.
- July 4th to 7th, 4 half days – Introduction to Horses | 5 to 7 years
- July 10th to 14th, 5 full days – Beginner to Intermediate | 7 years + up
- July 17th to 21st, 5 full days – Beginner to Intermediate | 7 years + up
- July 31st to Aug 4th, 5 full days – Beginner to Intermediate | 7 years + up
- August 8th to 11th, 4 half days – Introduction to Horses | 5 to 7 years
- August 14th to 18th, 5 full days – Beginner to Intermediate | 7 years + up
- August 21st to 25th, 5 full days – Beginner to Intermediate | 7 years + up
- Fees for 5-day camps: $525.00 per week plus HST
- Fees for 4-day morning camps: $275.00 per week plus HST
- Full-Day Camp Hours: 9am to 4pm for 5-day camps
- Half-Day Camp hours: 8:30 to 12:30 for 4-day camps
- Please inquire by email
Please inquire for multiple week & family discounts, extended day rates for Half Day Camps and for early drop off and/or late pick up pricing.
All applications must be accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to be confirmed. Invoices will be issued after acceptance.
To register please complete the registration form and return via email or mail: DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM